When I signed up for Writing-101, I committed to blog every day. Writing-101 posts a writing assignment each weekday in June, but no weekend assignments. I’ve thought about skipping blogging for weekends, but decided to give it a try first.
Today, I would list some of my thoughts/questions after following so many wonderful photographing bloggers for a short while. (I am thinking out loud here.)
(1) Seeing great photos cheers me up. I particularly like to see them in the morning; that usually brings me a wonderful day.
(2) I enjoy seeing great photos and sometime I even make an effort to remember how they look, but I am not sure I want a copy of them (either digital or print). It’s like how I appreciate arts in a museum, but never have a desire to bring any home. One reason is that I know there are so many great ones out there and I don’t have space for all. The other reason… well, I can’t afford them anyway. (Besides, I have some of my own that I like.)
STILL, I am surprised and happy to know there are so many great photographers out there!
(3) If I have time (and enough money)… there are several photographers I would like to take lessons from. I am wondering if I should start a 10 year plan… take one class a year.
(4) How do I know I am good enough? I gained a lot of confidence in writing after winning a couple of writing contest. But how do I validate myself in photographing? Will I ever be good enough (“good” according to my standard)?
(5) What do I do with all the photos I have taken? Make a photo book? (And another book for writing?)
(6) I am happier since I started reading all these wonderful photographing blogs. Will a good photograph help those depressed people too? I mean…
is it possible that these beautiful photos will make some of them happy too?
(7) What do I do next to improve myself, other than keep reading?
(8) I used to think a picture without a friend/relative in it was meaningless (this was long time ago). Then one day, I changed – I like taking photo with nobody in it. Now I like taking photo with strangers in it. I wonder what will be the next.
So many things… I guess I will go out to take a picture now…